Components of a LiveBlog system
- Admin panel
- Input updates directly for publishing
- Add feeds that should be automatically inserted into the content / or approved?
- Create unique links1 that allow other content editors to add content
- Display that content to the admin to allow publishing
- Publish method
- Send new approved items to AMQ
- Listener process
- Read AMQ and append to flat HTML
- Different embed types for multimedia
- Have wrap-around template for the flat HTML
Minimum critical path
- Webpage with a form for content
- Posts to AMQ
- Read by a process, put in a flat file
- Included by a template
- View / edit previous posts
- Published / unpublished state of posts
- Add feeds to the blog directly or curated
- Allow collaborators
- Allow multimedia
- Push - WebSockets would be a blast.
Does the admin panel need a database initially? Can we just show the rendered HTML and allow new posts, not editing of old ones?
Should this use that service? That may require a database, but gives us publishing sort of for free via AMQ, and the renderer can be a modified other project. Can inject JSON directly, but only to Solr, not to Apache.